Tuesday, March 13, 2007

DVDealer

As promised, one of the guys from my hometown took me to the local sketchy DVD place this afternoon. It was basically amazing.
We go in this electronics store, which, by the looks of it, doesn't sell many electronics. Walking past the employees, we go into the backroom and climb up these stairs, where we find this long hallway of closed doors. A young girl stands lookout. At this point I'm pretty sure we're actually in a brothel and may or may not be expected to purchase some crystal meth.
Down the hallway we find an unoccupied room, go in, and take a seat. There's a coffee table and random crap everywhere, but I don't see any DVDs. In walks this woman with this box of probably 200 DVD cases. She drops it off on the coffee table for us to sift through before returning with another box. Then another. another. and one more.

I walked away with 5 DVDs and $4 less in my pocket. And then I washed my hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please say Finding Nemo or Zoolander were amongst the 5 DVDs... aww I miss 5 man