Monday, July 9, 2007

Still famous, more so than before

You may or may not remember that I was interviewed for a newspaper article this past spring. The article turned out pretty nicely, complete with a colored picture of yours truly. I don't have a scanner, so you'll have to use your imagination.
Since then, news of my awesomeness has spread. I'm teaching an intensive English course for the next 2 weeks to students who will soon head off to UCLA for the summer, and today was my first day. If I had known this was going to happen, I probably would have put more makeup on.
The president of the university came to sit in on my lesson.

Both of us looking awkward. It's cool, we're like best friends and totally on a 1st name basis. Seriously, he loves me. We hang out all the time.

Also...
Me, News Crew

Yes. My teaching is so amazing, the local news came. I of course had no idea this was going down, so I had a total dopey 1st day lesson plan. Whatever, they ate it up. I was interviewed, but I didn't find out what time they were playing it on tv, so I didn't get to see it. Which, actually... is probably for the best. Lord knows I'm sure I made an ass of myself.

No comments: