Friday, June 15, 2007

Open letter to the construction workers next door

Dear Sirs:

Let me start off by saying that you work really hard, probably harder than most people do here. And your living arrangements are less than ideal (buildings on the left), and I'm sure your life isn't easy. You've made a lot of progress on the building next to mine in the months I've been here!

That being said, I have a few constructive criticisms. I understand that you prefer to leave the lights *on* during the night hours, though noone's inside, and I must say it's probably not decreasing the environmental problems here.
Also, perhaps it's because of the heat, but maybe you could consider doing the quiet, indoor jobs at night, and the loud, outdoor jobs (cement truck mixers, bulldozers, etc) during the day...? Evening's fine too. 3 am, though, is a little less than ideal, don't you think?

Thirdly, it'd be really awesome if you could stop messing with my water. Yeah, I know, it's probably not your fault, but you're the nearest construction, so I'm blaming you. In the good ol' days of April and May, my water was turned off 1 time a week. Lately, though, it's been on the rise, and it's been off for hours at a time for the last 4 days. Yesterday, it was basically off all day. There was a rumor that it was turned on for about an hour during the afternoon, but I wasn't home then, so my cuppeth continued to run dry. I really appreciate the 1 and only time we were notified that the water was going to be turned off, except then it wasn't turned off after all. I loved that day.

Sincerely,

WCBF

ps Keep up the good work! Check out your progress:

March

June

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of UC's Construction? Except it looks like they work a lot faster.