Thursday, April 5, 2007

Happy Spring! Merry Flowers!


Spring has sprung in China!


The past few days have been the days that I wait for all year: the sun is out for what feels like the first time since August, the air smells fresh, and I feel energized, invigorated, and ready to take on whatever the day holds for me. The locals seem to be as excited about this as I am. Every tree is in bloom, and there always seems to be at least one person standing in each grassy nook on campus, taking pictures of the flowers, of themselves among the flowers, of themselves smelling the flowers, etc. I tried to take pictures of people doing this, but it's difficult to do something inconspicuously when people are staring at you constantly because you're not Chinese.

Why you be starin'? Leave me alone!
... actually it's pretty cute when the little kids stare, but not so much the adults.

Although the Chinese think it's cool to take pictures of me, it's not so appropriate for me to take pictures of them, so you'll just have to settle for pictures of the flowers on campus sans people.

These are everywhere


Someone needs to tell Nancy to talk to these people about landscape architecture, y/n?


This is the "South Gate" of my campus. The random architecture kind of reminds me of campus at home.


Meanwhile, I hear it's snowing in the states. ha!

No comments: