Saturday, April 7, 2007

Dear Diary,

The most amazing thing has happened! Yesterday evening, I began class by telling my students about the harrowing misadventures I experienced at the super high tech wonderland. My students refuse to use their brains, and when they can't remember something in English, rather than thinking of an alternative word, they'll just look it up in their dictionaries. Their English is good enough that this is just being lazy. The point of my story was that dictionaries are not always helpful, and my students needed to practice strategies other than "I'll just look it up."

During our break, one student came up to me. "WCBF," he said, "You shouldn't have had to go through that. Someone should be there to help you."
"Oh it's alright, I don't mind." I replied, "It's good practice so I can learn Chinese."
"No. Noone is taking care of you. Next time you need to go, I will take you. You can call me." And with that, he slipped a piece of paper into my hand. I blushed. I got butterflies. He had given me his number! *Sigh* He makes me feel so special. I mean really, how many girls do you know who can say that they have Thomas Jefferson's phone number?


I blurred out part of his number, so don't even try to call and harass my boyfriend.

I could hardly concentrate on class the rest of the evening. All these thoughts kept running through my head...
"But Thomas Jefferson, we can't! You're my student!"
"Hi Thomas Jefferson. Just wanted to say that I had an AMAZING time on our date last night. Call me!"
"Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet Thomas Jefferson"
"Mr. & Mrs. Thomas Jefferson"

Well, Diary, I've got to go now. I'll be sure to let you know how our first date goes (once I get up the nerve to call him... eek)!

No comments: