Thursday, April 19, 2007

Attention, designers

I've avoided putting up pictures of my apartment because it's not ready for public viewing yet. However, after trying unsuccessfully to come up with decorating ideas on my own, I'm turning the floor over to you. Being beautiful people who appreciate beautiful things, I'm hoping you may have some advice.
For instance, if your couch was made of this:



and your curtains were made of this:


What color throw rug would you get?
More importantly, how would you make this look less ugly?



living room view 1

living room view 2

Welcome to my conundrum. I have more space than I could ever need, but it's seriously lacking pretty things.

hallway

Actually, it's lacking things in general.


study view 1


study view 2

bedroom view 1


bedroom view 2

and then there's the bathroom...


bathroom view 1

bathroom view 2

and kitchen...


I really need an Ikea.





6 comments:

Lisa said...

your house looks liek an institution. for the criminally insane

Anonymous said...

find some big fun print/textiles and throw them over the furniture. it'll liven up the room and not cost much. a ming vase here, some diffusers there, a couple large art prints, and some strategically placed greenery. then, focus your attention on lighting - one of the most important ways to set the mood for 'studying' or whatever it is you call it.

for blogs, check out: www.apartmenttherapy.com and
designsponge.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oh oh! those are my favorite blogs (other than yours...duh!)! did you get the email from Lara? you need a painting on the wall (big, bold and beautiful!). can you get some neutral fabric to put on the couches and chairs? i'm sure china has a bunch of discount fabric places... and then added some pillows and throws to match the painting. you also need things with varying heights.. (plants, vases, lamps)... and definately a rug to soften the space up.

Unknown said...

Build yourself a fully stocked bar and just transform your place into a hottest American club in China. That should take care of all the designing problems.

You can thank me later.

WCBF said...

Lauren said...

This can not be your place. I do not see a single item of clothing on the floor...in fact, just the fact that I can see the floor in general worries me; apparently we need to fill the free time you've never had before because you are doing too much cleaning;)



Sorry, Lauren, accidentally deleted it!

WCBF said...

Thanks for everyone's suggestions! I'm now a bit more inspired and hope to start with the living room. Lots of cheap stuff in China, but for the most part it is scary ugly, but I'll keep you guys posted!